Mediastinal Nodes (1-4)
* 1. Highest Mediastinal: above the left brachiocephalic vein.
* 2. Upper Paratracheal: above the aortic arch, but below the left brachiocephalic vein.
* 3. Pre-vascular or Pre-vertebral: these nodes are not adjacent to the trachea like the nodes in station 2. They are either anterior to the vessels (3A) or behind the esophagus, which is prevertebral (3P).
* 4. Lower Paratracheal (including Azygos Nodes): below upper margin of aortic arch down to level of main bronchus.
Aortic Nodes (5-6)
* 5. Subaortic (A-P window): nodes lateral to ligamentum arteriosum. These nodes are not located between the aorta and the pulmonary trunk, but lateral to these vessels.
* 6. Para-aortic (ascending aorta or phrenic): nodes lying anterior and lateral to the ascending aorta and the aortic arch.
Inferior Mediastinal Nodes (7-9)
* 7. Subcarinal.
* 8. Paraesophageal (below carina).
* 9. Pulmonary Ligament: nodes lying within the pulmonary ligaments.
Hilar, Interlobar, Lobar, Segmental and Subsegmental Nodes (10-14)
* 10-14: these are located outside of the mediastinum.
They are all N1-nodes.